And the winners are…
The iLIFE-TROODOS project is pleased to announce the winners of the Photo Contest with the subject “Troodos, it is in our nature”.
• 1st Award and cash prize €1000 to Aristides Kalogirou for the photo «Magical Forest»
• 2nd Award and cash prize €500 to Marinos Angelides for the photo «Morning in the snow»
• 3rd Award and cash prize €300 to Constantinos Panayides for the photo «A cold morning»
• 1st Praise and cash prize €50 to Aristides Kalogirou for the photo «Mushrooms and Elves»
• 2nd Praise and cash prize €50 to Theodoros Theodorou for the photo «Waterfall»
• 3rd Praise and cash prize €50 to Nektarios Kammas for the photo «Forest Sunshine»
• 4th Praise and cash prize €50 to Pantelis Nikolaides for the photo «Hantara fall»
Congratulations to all winners!
The Contest had a duration of one year and was organized within the framework of the project iLIFE-TROODOS, which is co-funded by the European Union, in collaboration with the Cyprus Photographic Society (Nicosia Branch). The contest aimed to highlight the natural – inherent value of the forest ecosystem of Troodos National Forest Park regarding its biodiversity. Using their photo cameras, the participants were encouraged to “capture” the Park’s natural beauty and show the variety of habitats, flora and fauna species, geology and natural landscapes throughout the four seasons of the year.
The partners of the iLIFE-TROODOS project (Department of Forests, Department of Environment, Frederick University, Contact Advertising Agency Ltd) would like to thank all the participants of the Contest and inform that photos will be utilized for the project’s campaign in order to promote the natural values and ecosystem services of Troodos National Forest Park.